• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

North Dakato Trailer License?????

Long story short, but I just purchased a boat That was originally from North Dakota. The person I bought it from was from Minnesota and he registered the boat in Minnesota, but he never did any thing with the trailer as far as license goes. I want to license the trailer in Minnesota, because I will be doing alot of traveling. Does North Dakota have titles or any registration for there trailers. I did some research and I read that all trailers are titled but utility trailers. Is a boat trailer considered a utility trailer in ND because the license plate says utility on it? I am sure I can sort this out at the MN license center on Monday but I thought I would check with someone that lives in North Dakota. Thanks

If I recall correctly you need to license the trailer in ND if you plan on taking it out of state. The license you would get would be a utility trailer license then, hence the reason the word utility is on the license plate.

marine_man