• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

nascar online

L_Cappo

I have a PS-2 also, and think it would be fun to do. However, I don't have it hooked up to the internet at my house. How difficult is it? I noticed on the back of the PS-2 it has a spot for the network cable, but it is not the same as a telephone plug-in. We have wireless internet in our house. What else needs to be done to get this working?

telephone plug-in? you mean a 2 or 4 wire jack (rj-11/rj-12).

The PS2/DSL most like use ethernet and an 8 pin connector (RJ-45). Look on you wireless hub/router you might have hardwire jacks on it somewhere. You can find long ethernet patch cords at most stores. Although I've heard rumors that you may need a cross-over cable which is similar just 2 pairs of wires are crossed on each end. (check your PS2 manual or check on-line first) Or I could probably hook ya up with a custom made cord.

And yes, networking is part of my profession.

its very easy to control the car with the controler.just gotta hook it up to the internet we all got to put the same game in.they offer online racing for nascar 07 and 08.

I have a PS2 that has the network adapter already on it. What would I need to get online? I am thinking that I need a wireless router since my PS2 is on a different floor than my computer. I do have Nascar 08, is that the one you guys have? I used to race online and was in a league when I used to race Nascar 2003 Season.

Thanks TNFL !!!

I'll have to look it over this weekend and look at the manual and see exactly what I got going on. I have the new slim version of the PS 2 and I thought I read that it's all ready go as far as internet, and all you need to do is plug it in??? Heck, I could be wrong though.

It would be fun to have some online FishingMN NASCAR racing!!

FYI...I have NASCAR '08, but now that Jr. has a new sponsor and car #, will have to buy '09 when it comes out.

You may need a password to access your router/hub. The default Pword is usually on the UPC.

I needed the password to set up our Wii, but that is wireless. Staight cord hook-up may not need a password.

I got it going after several attempts last night. Raced 11 short races and won 4. I only remember 2, maybe 3 guys that raced me clean. You have to watch your back while trying to pass people or they will try to wreck you. It doesn't compare with Nascar 2003 on the PC but it was fun. I stayed up til 2 am playing.

Got mine hooked up to the internet as well this weekend. With the new slim PS 2 it was a piece of cake. Raced a few races, but agree that alot don't try to race you clean. What really bugged me the most was trying to get into a race and having the host kick you out! mad.gif

Anyone else hooked up?

yes some do not like to race.they just want to wreck every1.before i join a race or let ppl in my race i look at there dnf % if its realy high i will not race that race or i will not let that person race.

Are you guys using the dialup modem that is on the ps2. I am having trouble getting slim ps2 hooked up to my router. I am using the larger plug with a standard network cable. Kind of stumped it is like my router doesnt see the ps2. Any tips.

I ran a cable from my modem to the basement where my PS2 is. I have to switch cables back and forth from my computer to the PS2 as needed because my modem only has one slot. I am guessing that a router will allow me to leave them both hooked up, but it isnt a big deal.

Hhhmmm, I don't know. I shut everything off. Plugged the cable into my slim PS2 and then into the router, and turned everything back on. Put the start up disk in the PS2 (came with the PS2 and has a little instruction booklet)followed the prompts...I did the auto detect, and the registration process, and boom...it was ready to go. I was surprised at how easy it was.

If enough of us get on-line, we should exchange our screen names and set up a night and time to try a race or two. I don't have the headset where you can talk to each other though.

you have dail up?? if so it will take longer for it to load.if it will not find the network try to up plug your power cord to the modem for about 3 mins.them plug it back in.

I had to type in my connection info because the auto detect couldnt find it. I didnt have the disk but you can set it up through the game. I have a headset I used for racing online with my computer. We used a program called teamspeak. Does anyone know how to use a headset with the PS2? I have the older PS2 not the slim one. My screen name is dab82988 I think.