• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Weather

I just seen a little weather clip. -40 !

Thats a little scarry for me. sick.gif I think I may need to line up a couple jobs if/when we move back. I might get fired every winter. Do you get to take off work for bad weather? We get off for hurricanes crazy.gif

Thats a good point, but I want back in to share in the outdoor activities. grin.gif I could go back and leave my husband here, that would be meeting you half way. whistle.gif

(Honey if you read this I'm just kidding)

Not really. You get to wear the standard denim coveralls just like everyone else. And be ready to smell like, well, I'm not quite sure what that smell is, but it's bad.

You get a neat little patch with your name on it, tho.

But hey, even when it was -20, we were all sweaty toasty warm.

Actually it's quite toasty right now here in Carlton at 10 degrees ABOVE zero. Schools do get closed if the weather gets really low below zero with high winds since then the windchill factor can read 50-60 BELOW zero. Too cold for bus stops but not too cold for everyone else! I think one of the biggest downfalls workers probably deal wth is if you don't have a garage or can't plug in your car, you car won't start! I'm sure that lots of bosses have gritted their teeth on that one!

I'm personally dread driving when it's slippery since I get kinda panicky about that.

I know the slippery feeling. Went to KY for a couple years. Went sideways around many corners on black ice. Once I almost went over a very steep cliff because there was no guard rail. I guess they dont believe guard rails will actually keep you one the road.

I went out and played softball in it this past weekend. What we won't do for charity. I would have rather been ice fishing, but heard from my friend that wasn;t much fun either. I look forward to some fishing this coming weekend in Walker....I'll leave the softball glove in the garage.