• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

sucker harness or clothes pin style

Gordie

the pin style that I use has a sinker built in and it seems to work very well,its about a 1/2 oz egg style and the sucker still swims very easy thru the hole. I have seen the pin style at the bait store without sinkers also, next time I'm there I will get it just to add to my arsenel.

well I went out this morning and as I thought the live harness did not have the crimp so improvised I really wanted to try this harness, so I took a split shot sinker and put it above the egg sinker after I sinched the sucker up. I worked very well except for the fact I didnt see any pike the water is really dirty and hard to see. I also tried acouple of new things, I stacked 2 suckers on top of each other one on the live harness and then took off the spinner blade and clipped on a red and white daredevil then underneath that I put the pin harness on the split ring and another sucker. I think it will work I just need good water clarity to test it out. I also put down two suckers side by side one on the live harness and the other on the pin just to compare and the live harness sucker swam better and more freely and swam around better than the pinned sucker.

My conclusion is that I will continue to use both styles.

I use a sinker and tie my own harness. I like the sinker so the minnow can swim freely...but always return or stay mainly in the middle of the hole. I can control the minnow more then also so that I can cause the northern to "miss" or make him come in the hole more by moving my sucker.