• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Sleeper rental suggestions?

MG - Fishin'

If you're going to drive 4 hours north of the cities, you might as well take the extra hour and go to Lake of the Woods. That extra hour drive will be more than worth it as far as the quality of fishing goes. I'll drive 5 hours up from the cities any time I can versus going anywhere else. I'm hooked for life now on LOW. I believe that's the best fishery in Minnesota if not the whole mid-west for sure.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Get a hold of Tom at Schuster's on Lake of the Woods

http://SchustersResort.com

or Kelly-P at Waskish Minnow Station on URL (it's 50 minutes closer to you).

http://WaskishMinnowStation.com

or check out the Resort Locator above.

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 10-22-2003).]

Another option that's an hour closer than LOW is Upper Red Lake. In the winter I spend 80% of my ice fishing on URL or LOW......and it's DEFINITELY worth the 5 or 6 hours of drive time to either of them!! wink.gif
If you decide on URL get ahold of Kelly P on the URL forum. Nobody knows the the lake better or works harder to keep their houses on the fish. He moves his houses constantly (at high speed !! grin.gif ) to stay on the fish and away from the crowds.
I've seen his 5 man sleepers doing 40mph across the lake to get away from a crowd grin.gifgrin.gif

I'm looking for some suggestions for sleeper rentals this winter. I've been going to Mille Lacs, but for some reason I'm always there on the wrong weekend for anything but eelpout. I'd prefer to keep the location within 3-4 hours of the cities.

Thanks in advance!

Hands down - LOW and Gibbins Ice Fishing!

Bryant Wilson has the best houses I can imagine and he charges a fair price. And really good to consider if you are bringing kids - under 13 are free and $40 a night for kids over that.

His houses are very spacious and are set up like efficency apartments complete with stove, oven, counter top w/sink and drain, water, kitchen table, marine band radio, wall furnace with thermostat (no roasting in these houses), pots, pans, dishes, dish soap, dish rag and towels, cribbage boards, cards, salt and pepper, even the fishing regulations! He has though of everything grin.gif.

He will even deliver pizzia to your door!

And did I mention he provides bait and poles too? Also very important - he banks the houses very well so they are not drafty and the holes stay open grin.gif.

What more could you ask for?

Anyone interested can find a link to his HSOforum on the resort finder here.

If you are looking for something a little closer where if you catch something you can keep, try my houses on Gull Lake. I will have a few new ones this winter ranging from 8x8 to 8x16. You can get more info @ my HSOforum (www.walleyedan.com).

------------------
Gull Lake Guide Service
Brainerd Area Lakes Fishing
Fish House Rentals & Guide Service 218-963-0422 218-839-5598
[email protected]