• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Frabil Ultra-lite

slick2526

I have the Frabill Ultra-Light; the sunflower heater barely keeps up on real cold days. It's a handy portable shack, but it is not very warm (thin shell and not real air-tight around the bottom).

Yeah, a longer skirt would help...maybe put some chains or other weight on the skirt to hold it down. Because of the style, you're not able to bank snow up to the edges to keep the wind out (unless you have a buddy with you to do that for you while you're in it).

I really like the Ultra-Light as a 'hit and run' shack behind my ATV, but if I'm gonna be in one place for a while I will use my Frabill Speed Shack.

[This message has been edited by Jarrod32 (edited 10-16-2003).]

Bob, I noticed on mine the bottom part of the the skirting is folded over then sewn. I have this years model. It is not sewn at the ends on all 3 sides the contact the ice though. Im thinking a peice of steel conduit on each side but im going to cap the ends with some tape or so fourth for the fabric doesnt wear through. Then sticth or Gorillia Glue the ends. Should take be heavy enough with steel conduit to hold it down depending on the size purhased. Also some chain might work as Jarrod stated.

Use chain or something flexible otherwise you still get gaps. Skate laces with sand in them work well. Just melt them together if needed but on my 1 man I just used 3 laces 1 on each side. Cheaper than chain and mre flexible. Saesy to sew in where needed.