• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LX 5 On the way!

Guys,

Thanks to Tim and his never ending list of friends, I've got an LX5 on the way. Tim's friend Jim Mowatt from Il, made me a deal I could not refuse. $375 total for a unit only out of the box twice! I had to use some of my "emergency" fund for it but to me, stepping up from the 3 to the 5 at a huge savings, IS an emergency situation.

I'm just glad I could help Jim out, I've had some tough breaks and had to part with some things I miss (like a Colt Officer's that was tricked out). He was very kind to me and that is due to the relationship Tim established simply by being the Tim we all know. I promised Jim email along with photos of fish taken while using the 5. It's the least I can do. At least he's not giving up his fly fishing! Once again, Tim brings me into the ranks of the elite, and saved me money too. Seriously, Jim offered to cover the shipping because I am friends and fish with Tim. That just about says it all, don't ya think?!

Only one question now, Tim, do I get a hat like everybody else now? LOL!!!!

Dude you want your hat you should have showed up for breakfast mad.gif I gave it to fishingking... \:D Only kidding. Ray - You don't call, you don't write, what did you do fall back to sleep. \:\) Don't worry Ray you didn't miss much unless your names not Fishingking grin.gif

I posted this morning. It was storming good here and since I didn't see anything, I didn't call. Not sure if you went back to the rack. I forgot my phone in the other room and never heard your call. I started jonesing real bad and ran to Moraine late in the afternoon. A few Bosnian or Russian guys with tip-ups on both sides and one guy from Syracuse with tip-ups and jigging. I was in tons of small crappie and gills for most of the day. Took a couple good crappie and one good gill. The new blades cut ice like a hot knife through butter. Maybe the inflamation in my elbows will go away before spring, lol. I'll save the old one's for the exchange program. Talked to a buddy and he told me how to use the sharpener. I guess I let mine get too dull for one thing. He said they don't hold an edge long when you hand sharpen them. The exchange program is worthwile. A good savings. I still think I'll opt for the off-set handle though. Chef, I still like your Nills!! Storm tonight and the AM. Have to wait it out. Tim, when that LX5 gets here, as Ricky used to say to Lucy, I'll have "a lot of 'splainen to do". Better get her a good V-day gift, AND B-day. lol