• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish Trap Pro and Mr. Buddy

I have a Fish Trap Pro that I purchased about 3 years ago, the year BEFORE they put the zipper door in the front. Last year I bought the Mr.Buddy Heater and really liked the temp controls and the no fumes...but being that my Fish Trap has no zipper front, the heater seems blow out easily from the wind comming through the bottom sides. It's tough to bank with snow since I need to get in and out, etc.. and am wondering if any of you can recommend a fix? Would it be O.K. to just cut and and install my own zipper? I suppose I could try to order one from USL, but that's probably as much as a whole new trap. Just curious.. Of course, I could just go back to the little Sunflower heater I used to use - no wind problems with that, but fumes....know what I mean? Thanks!
Biwabik

I've seen portables where holes were cut and zippers were added so I think it is possible for you to add your own zipper. I've seen them on the back side of portables as well as on the front and sides. I have a fish trap that doesn't have a zipper and I just flip it up a little bit and vent every once in a while. Seems to work well for me.

Good Fishin,
Matt

[email protected]

If ya want a zipper,

Check with a local canvas co. Or,

Call a fabric or sewing shop,

They should be able to install a zipper for you. Just tell them which way you want it to open smile.gif

Or,

Just have the wife do it grin.gif

I would call the sewing shop grin.giflol

Or,

A new Pro canvas,is around $150-170.

IceC

------------------
Have an Ice day :)

This is for irvingdog,
Can you post a pic of what that foil looks on the buddy heater? I have a fish trap scout which is real small, and have that dang wind/buddy blowing out issue.

Thanks,
EBass

I can't take credit for this. I saw it on Dave Genz' Fishtrap Pro. I did try to give him my idea of using the foil emergency blanket, face down, as a way to bounce down heat and light. It works amazingly well in my houses. I think ol' Dave had a few beers in him at the St. Paul ice show.

064021.JPG

[This message has been edited by irvingdog (edited 10-12-2003).]

Those Mr. Buddy's sure are nice. I own a Mr. Cooker that works ok but I'm thinking about upgrading to a Mr Buddy. I picked up a Fish Trap Pro and I thought about getting just a plain sunflower. I don't wanna be cooked out of my portable with the Mr Cooker.

Good Fishin,
Matt

[email protected]