• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

puppy seemss to need less attention?

Dahitman44

My lab pup is going on two years old and until recently had to follow me all over. When i was outside and he wasn't he would cry and look out the window until he is let out.

He also wanted a lot of extra attention -- all evening long. He is alone during the day and I can understand this.

Now he seems to want/need less.

Is this like when a child grows up and doesn't need constant attention?

In fact, at night, he will go upstairs and law down when he is tired instead of staying with us.

Is this normal -- it has been many years since our first lab went through this so I have forgotten.

Thanks

Hit

I think it is normal. My lab will be 2 in april and he is starting to do some of these things. He still follows me around, to the point I feel bad getting up because he is sleeping. My wife tells me that he will sit at the window for at least two hours when I leave for work until he moves. He is really getting close with my 17 month old daughter. He likes to lay down next to her and run around with her, I guess I am passing the tourch to her! I think this is all normal and the dog is just trying to find his place in the house/family. Good Luck!