• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice House # 5

mjhowe

Well It has started!

Answered an ad for a Frabil XLtwin shelter, $350 OBO. Like new, only used once, absolutely perfect condition with the cover.
Guy took $300 for it! This unit retails for over $450 around here, without the cover.
So I get it home and SWMBO is eyeing the back of the pickup suspiciously. I set it up in the garage and she comes out and I show her how much she is gonna like it compared to what we used last year. She sits down, looks around and says.......
"You're right, this is much nicer"! She really likes the windows, the seat and being able to just walk straight thru the door instead of around or past anyone.

I had never considered a Frabill because around here at least they are just too expensive, but I think I got a smoking deal!
So between the hard side 3'6"x7', the 4x8 soft side, the Glacier 3, the Trap Scout and the Frabill, I think I got most bases covered! (Probobly gonna sell the Glacier 3 though cause it really is too much like the Frabill as far as intended use)

So, Fellas, its official, the icefishing equipment buying season has BEGUN!

Now I gotta go find that link with all the modifications you guys have done!

Think ICE ICE ICE ICE ICE ICE ICE....

------------------
Mike
Kalispell, MT
<<><<
"LOOK ALIVE, MAGGOT!"
(Not you Pal, I was talking to my bait)

mjhowe,

Good choice Mike. How would the Glacier 3 be for me and two 5 year old kids? I keep looking at the ad on this site and wonder how long it would take for the VISA bill to come to the wife's attention...

Kevin
Evanston, WY

Mike

Sorry - but I beat you to the punch! I bought a soft side (a Frabill) back in June - so the equipment buying season has been under way for a while already. smile.gif

Unlike your wife, mine was not happy. See the thread "She just doesn't understand".

UG

Grump,

I KNEW THAT!! I read that post and forgot all about it!! Oh well, At least I got in on the "first buy" The more I look at the Frabill, the more I like it.

Meuske

The glacier 3 is a great house if you have kids.

1. They wont stay in the house long anyway.

2. Its lite enough that you can haul it around without any help.

3. Its cheap enough that if they trash it its no great loss!!

The only downside to that style of house is its very difficult to set up in the wind if you have no help. I experienced this on a trip where my partner cancelled at the last minute and I had to try it alone and could not do it. Other than that, its a great unit but go with the 3 man, the 2 man is small.

Think ICE ICE ICE everybody

------------------
Mike
Kalispell, MT
<<><<
"LOOK ALIVE, MAGGOT!"

Grump,

You, Sir, are dualy recognized for shopping for ice fishing gear in June!! Well done

PS I was in Dallas for the last 6 days, YUCKKKKK!!!!! The trip to Bass Pro Shop was pretty cool, though! (No ice gear in display though, bummer)

------------------
Mike
Kalispell, MT
<<><<
"LOOK ALIVE, MAGGOT!"

Mike

I did some "store aisle" shopping back in April (the ice wasn't fully out yet) - and I blew it - big time!

The local Wal-Mart had two Clam 4600 clones clearanced out at $45+/- (each, new in the box). I had watched them drop from $125, and I was considering getting out the plastic, but then I decided to wait one more day - sleep on it overnight.

When I came back the next day - they was gone. frown.gif The pain, oh the pain....

UG