• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Canon gear

Dbl

Announced today a new Rebel XSi; major features, 12.2mp, better autofocus, live view on a 3" LCD. And start buying new memory cards, SD and SDHC are what it uses.

EF 200mm f/2L IS USM will set you back about $6000 and for all the wildlife shooters out there, EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM at only $12,000 blush.gif

Also for all the EF-S compatable camera owners an EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS not sure of the price.

Yikes, that's a lot of megapixels on a crop sized sensor. Lots of other good features, but I'd be a bit worried about noise because of how tightly packed those sensors are. I wonder if there's a trend to SD and SDHC cards going on, and if that explains the rock bottom prices on CF cards.

I'll start saving for that 800mm right now. Should be able to afford it used in about 10 years. grin.gifgrin.gif

The 55-250 sounds like a great walkaround lens with a big focal range and IS.

I wonder the same thing Steve, I am a bit surprised they continue to squeeze more from this camera. SD has been popular on other brands for a while now, they to seem to be faster in both the buffer and read/write during transfer. Yeah I will be getting an 800mm about the same time as you grin.gif That 200mm would be nice for a sports dude like me but I will have the 400/2.8 long before that one hits my bag.

That's some fancy stuff! I'm not as savvy as to crowding pixels onto sensors as you guys are, so I'll take your word for it. As to the lenses, I don't think any of those will ever see my bag. I'm about lensed out (well maybe one more that I'm thinking about). Dan, a 400 would be sweet, but unless I get a gig doing professional sports after I retire, I think my 300 will have to do me. A 400 would be nice, though......