• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NOT Your Typical Fish Story

Caught 1-1/2 miles offshore while Fishing!

untitled.jpg

What is that?!

2.jpg

Can it be, really!!!

3.jpg

It's a DEER!!!

4.jpg

Not too much of a struggle

5.jpg

She was very glad to be on board.

6.jpg

She was sooo tired and was glad to get into our boat and rest!

And yes, we turned her loose when we got back to shore. Just try beating this Fish Story!

Yea one time on west union we seen something swimming across the lake and we went over to it and it was a buck. He really didn’t mind us at all. Idled along for a ways and stopped and watched him till he got to shore. This was during deer hunting and I suppose his best escape after getting shot at was straight across the lake? Best time for big eyes on union is during deer hunting if you can take the cold. We’ve been in the boat on west union and there are fish houses on the middle lake. The people sure look when they seen us in the boat. grin.gifcrazy.gif

Last fall while on Kab, I noticed sumthing strange in the water not far from shore, well slowly motored over there and wouldnt you know it turned out 2 be a dandy 13 pt heading towards one of the many islands! I've got some pictures of him, gunna have to look for em and hopefully get em posted! But yes it was amazing how fast that old boy could move in the water once he seen us heading towards him! First seem him at about 200 yards and finally got to within about 25 before he started to panic and I had to back off!

In canada one year...we came across a small moose swimming across the lake. We followed it slowly as we were worried about it...it was small and looked very tired.

When it come close to shore (along with us) we heard a LOUD bellow and out comes the mother from the woods...charging us. We got our little 10-horse motor turning around fast and out of there! The mother ran into the lake and got within 10 feet of our boat.

I guess she crossed first and it took awhile for the young one to decide to follow.