• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How has the crappie action on Wood been lately? Is there a consistent bite? I'm either hitting Rush or Wood on Saturday. Would like a change of scenery from Rush, but I know I can catch crappies on Rush. Are people driving trucks on Wood?

Thanks!

Webs-

Thanks for the reply. Is there an obvious "community" spot to get started at? I haven't fished on Wood in a number of years. Also, can you sort through the smaller fish for keepers or were they all toss backs?

I have just one afternoon to put the wife on some fish. I have Rush figured out, but I've heard that bite as cooled off. Did decent on Rush the weekend of the 5th. Just trying to decide between the two lakes. Or, maybe I'll venture to Yellow.

You,ll see were all the house,s are at from the landing. We did,nt run into any thing of any size but the year before the crappies were keepable.I guess from what we caught and seen i woud,nt make the drive from Cottage Grove to there. Maybe try Centerville lots of crappies and a few decent sunnies straight out from Waterworks landing.

Wood lake contest this weekend and the bite is on in front of the big island (you'll see the houses) there jumpin out of the hole. Round was a bust not a single fish worth keeping but there were 19+ trucks looking this weekend.

FYI

On 2/23 from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm there is going to be an ice fishing contest on Trade lake The contest is for the Grantsburg HS band trip. I don't think it is that organized or has significant prizes but any time out fishin is worth it and its for a good cause. CYA on the ice