• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Question - 97 Yamaha V600

JScott

After coming to a complete stop to cross a road or something, the engine will just rev upon pressing the throttle. Just doesn't seem to want to "hook up". It is intermittent at this point and I've been able to get it going after trying it several times.

I bought the sled used three years ago, and it has worked fine until this season. I don't have a manual for it, and have had an extremely hard time finding one. Haven't done any maintenance on the clutch besides inspecting belt. The sled is only used a few times a year, but those are 60 mile rides if we get out. Is there something simple I should be doing as far as lubricating something, or could this be evidence of a major problem?

Sounds like maybe a sticky drive clutch. Sometimes while sitting unused the clutches can get a bit of corrosion or rust from condensation causing them to stick.

Are there any other symptoms such as noises while riding or jerking while accellerating?

It is definately one of your clutches. It almosts sounds like your primary clutch is not working properly...like your spring is busted or your weights are deeply grooved. I would take a look at the primary (on the crankshaft) and see if the rollers move freely. There should be 3 of them. If they are not movable it can effect acceleration. Also if your spring is messed up it will not engage the belt. Best case scenario is that someone put a clutch kit in it so it engages at 4000 rpm's or something