• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's your best excuse?

setterguy

well guys it seems you all have had some good excuses out there . now there may be some from the Annandale area who heard about this story on here . but for those of you who havent ,, here it is . wife knows i fish alot . to much in her eyes . she rarely goes with me in summer or winter . but any how knew i was planning to spend an over niter on the ice at some point this winter . we just didnt discuss when . well i called her at work on day at about 10 am .. said i was heading out on the ice for the day and figured i would be home about 6 or 8 pm . well there i was on the ice sitting on a school of crappies that wouldnt bite no matter what i dropped at them . so i figured well i will fist late mite and head home . i live on the lake so it was common for me to do this . well that nite 1 of the guys next door went out on the ice looking for me couldnt find me and dropped his car thru the ice . he came and told the wife what took place and said they couldnt find me . well the wife is plenty used to me doing something like this over the years of being 4 or 5 hours late from fishing and didnt think nothing of me being late . well those **** crappies didnt start biting till about 3 am . and i had 7 by 4 am . well i had just filled my lantern and figured geesh must be late so i will smoke 3 more cigs. and head home .. well **** sun popped up and figured wife had left for work allready so just as well try the early morning bite . It was the clodest nite we had this winter her van got her to work ok and then started to call other friends to see if anyone had seen me or head from me since i was home yet when she got to work. So i got my limit of ok crappies nothing special in them but decent . went to start truck ( which barely did) and pack up to head home . one friend was sreaching for me from shore with binocs since he had his granddaughter in car with him and didnt want to drive on ice with her in car . well i ran in to him at bjs bait shop comming on to the lake and said here talk to your wife and then we have to call the cops cause there is a search going on for you . .. Now talk about a POD wife and needing an excuse? Hahahaha hows this one .. i was sitting on fish and lost track of time and reality catching us a fresh meal. this didnt stop her from being mad thou haha . then 2 weeks later i did the same thing and all i was asked was " i didnt know you were doing another overniter " and all i said i wasnt ... My tip is Marry a **** understanding wife .. i did