• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Lake

Hello everybody.
Trying a new lake this weekend.Fairly small with a max depth of 45 feet. It is round and in the net survey from 97' it says they caught around 500 bluegills and about 40 crappies. What do you guys suggest using to catch these fish and where should I satrt looking. Shallow this time of year or deep.Can I catch these fish all day long?????

they will be deeper and harder to find this time of the year. i dont know where you are located but i have not heard of many big crappies being caught for a while. try deeper holes. the fish will be suspended so you will just have to spend some time and try to find them. dont be afraid to move and try a different spot, you might have to spend a couple of days and find them.

------------------
Big D

During the day I would try weed edges in about 15 feet. Then as the night goes on try some deeper water, maybe even over that 45' hole. The crappies are going to be suspended at night. If you have a flasher try and go after the higher fish first, they will tend to be the biggest and most aggressive. Good Luck, its alway fun to try a new lake.

I have found the fish very shallow all winter long. Many of the weeds are still green and the fish will be right in those weeds. So start shallow and work your way out, I've found a good day bite in the shallows.