• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Some fall shots from the Black Hills

Thought I would share a couple of my first attempts with my digital from this fall when I was working over in the Black Hills. I just finally loaded the pics last night as I have been crazy busy since then!! lol

I would enjoy your comments or suggestions as photography is something I would love to get into a little more.

Enjoy...

>

>

>

>

Way to go, clueless. These are nice.

Of them all, I really like the composition of the muley doe against the sunset. The fact that it's a bit blurry tells me there wasn't enough light for the shutter speed, and you got some hand-shaking in there.

Lots of nice images here.

Do you have any type of post-processing program, or are you basically just downloading them and posting them? A lot of what we'd offer in the way of tips probably would have something to do with sharpening, saturating and adding contrast and things like that, which most often is done with post-processing software.

I think I actually had the cam still on Landscape when I took the muley pic. I found myself drawn to it more with the fuzzy nature - it almost ads to the etherial effect of the late evening sunset. I guess thats why I like it even more...

I have photostudio, so I do have brightness, contrast and coloration capabilities - I have just never played around with it much.

Thanks for the kind words.

You have some nice ones here. I especially like the last one. Besides what Steve mentioned, I noticed all your subjects are placed dead center in the photos. At times this works, but usually not. Here is a good link that explains the "rule of thirds", and shows good examples. http://photoinf.com/General/KODAK/guidelines_for_better_photographic_composition_rule_of_thirds.html

Very nice. I really liked "waterlogged" and the "Bridge over the road" I don't know much about photography, but I've heard that you need to take a lot of picts to get a few good ones. You've got some good ones here.

If you are looking for a good, free photo editing software, try paint.net It is a Photoshop clone offered for free.