• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Polaris carb rebuild

heat checker

I have a 96 425 magnum that hasn't been running good to say the least. Seemed to be a lack of fuel. After getting it started, would die off after a bit and restart very hard unless left for a day. (Emptying fuel bowl?). Took the carb off and bottom of bowl was dry. Can't see as how it would evaporate that quickly. Thinking the carb needs to be cleaned or rebuilt. Fuel pump seems to pump plenty of gas. Is a rebuild in order or just a cleaning? What specific parts come with a kit, and the approximate cost?

I assume you have you checked your fuel filter, and your fuel lines? If your using corn gass in your machine that can cause problems with your rubber fuel lines. Also try running it with the gass cap off, it may be something as simple as your fuel tank developing a vacume and not feeding your machine go juice.

As for parts, off the top of my head, gaskets, float, a good cleaning, maybe replace your main/needle if worn. Also the diaphram at the top of the car if rotted may need to be replaced also.

There isn't much to the carbs, I havent "rebuild" mine. I've rejeted, adjusted the needle and swapped out the air jets but haven't had a need to swap out the float.