• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

XBox Media HELP

Meaney

I tried networking my music, videos and pictures to my xbox360 using windows media player(11).... Somehow only the pictures came through to my xbox. Anybody else have this issue? How to fix? confused.gif

Thanks

That's odd. You are saying you can see the pics on your PC? Then the network must be working.

What O/S are you using on your PC. If XP, did you download the Media Extender Software?

I found that the setup with Vista was much easier.

I went thru this also. If youre running XP, you wont get most of your video to come thru, because it HAS to be in Microsoft format (i.e. WMV files). It wont play AVIs, MPEGs, etc. I dont know if using Vista will alleviate but have heard it plays more types of files.

I have to ask - how is your audio file quality? Mine stream MP3s just fine but the quality is junk. I thought it would be close to CD quality but it's really not. Are you having this issue also?

I had trouble gettting/finding the Media Extender. I think you need to have a Media PC for it to work? My Media Player will allow me to share files, but only as I mentioned before.

does anyone know how to improve the sound quality? Using the 360 as a media center is a really great idea - but the sound quality bites.