• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2000 Panther 550 couple questions

blueroof

I'm thinking about purchasing a 2000 Panther 550. The machine has seen little use and wasn't used at all the previous 2 seasons. It has less than 300 miles on it. We started it and it ran fine and sounded good once warmed up, wondering what sort of issues might come up? I was told the engine was fogged before being stored.

What sort of service, if any, should be done?

Also, any good auger mount recommendations? Seems most people make them. Anyone know of a good manufactured mount for sleds?

thanks, LB

Sounds like a good machine! Sitting 2 years is not all that bad. I would change the chain case lube, smell gas tank for old gas, check belt and clutch plate surfaces for wear or burrs and possibly change out plugs. Lube susp. also..

If it runs good, run a can of seas foam threw gas tank for good measure.

What price are you paying?

The auger mounts I do not know, but i think people will chime in on them.

Good luck!

Shackbash, thanks for the tips! It's going to be $4500 for the sled, a 12ft tilt trailer with salt shield and some accessories oil and helmets. The sled looks mint, the muffler has very little paint flaking off of it. I've seen similar machines for less, but none this clean. Need to decide soon.

LB