• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

do you guys pefer plastic over live bait?

South_Metro_Slayer

Hanson, Do you use the Powerminnows often ice-fishig? Whats the setup jig or hook with weight? I love the Optic stealth plastics, they're awesome! Good Luck, ole

Dude, where have you been? I have been promoting these thing the past few years. grin.gif

One of the best ways to fish these is with a 1/32oz collarless jighead in shallower water and a 1/16oz for the deeper stuff.

If you get Crappies that don't attack the baits rather try and suck them in you might have to consider going smaller so they can get it in their mouths.

Good fishing,

Corey Bechtold

Power Minnows are 2" and 3". I mainly fish the 2". If the fish want something smaller I go to the Power Tubes. Lately I have been playing with Gulp! Fish Fry and trimming them down to whatever size I want.

As for the Nuggies and Optic jigs what questions did you have on them?

Later,

Corey Bechtold

Corey (or anybody for that matter) if you get a chance, do you think you can put up a picture of the power minnows and how you rig it with the collarless. Im gonna stop by thorne this weekend and get a couple new toys to try. thanks alot

~Craig

I start artificials...spoons, rapalas, airplane jigs, then switch to plastics, when those fails

I only switch to live bait when I get only lookers or sniffers.

But if I decide to camp right away, the deadstick with minnow always go down in hole first, then everythingelse gets set up.