• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

07 honda rubicon throttle prob.

BiffleFan

I have a 07 rubicon and have it parked in warm garage most always. Throttle started sticking when left outside not running. Usually just let it warm up and she would let go but the other nite we rushed it a little too much and pushed too hard. Felt like I snapped it. Got it home and let it warm over nite. Have since dug into machine and It seems like something got bent. Throttle cable is not broke but where the machanism that the cable pulls up and releases it feels like it is rubbing and not releasing so the spring can return it too idle. If I snap or flick the thumb lever it will return but only if I flick it. I can't tell where it is getting friction at unless it is inside the carb maybe on the butterfly. Of course I am not a mech. and the warranty went off a month ago. Any thoughts or Ideas. Tonight will continue by taking off the carb and see if I can see anything wrong in there.

Just an FYI, I have an o7 Rubicon as well. I am not sure what is wrong with yours, but starting in 07, Honda was giving a 2 year extended warrenty with the machines. You might want to check with your dealer in regards to your warrenty.

All;s they said was you don't have any warranty. It turns out that I think I figured out the prob. There is a throttle sensor on the side of the carb that was full of water and stripped some ribs off af a plastic part on the inside. I just got the part and will put it back together tomorrow. I have been running it but it only goes in low and reverse sputters. I don't know if I have to reset the computer somehow or just maybe unhook the battery, any ideas. The gear display flashes D1 D2 ESP. Any other problems with this machine that any one has had? Thanks confused.gif

Yeah I got it running. The part I put on I showed too a friend that is a mech. and he said it might have too be tested with a meter to set it . Something about ohms or volts. I'm no mechanic by any means but sounded something similar to adjusting timing . I just put it on as close as I could to the old part. There was marks on each peice from the factory. It seemed too run real cold blooded and needed too warm up more than normal. I had it on the trailer and it was secured to the front with my winch cable and I tried backing it off the trailer forgetting it was still hooked up and it kicked back into low gear mode with the lights still flashing. I did plow with it for a few hours and we puuled stuff out fishing last nite with it before it went.

I still question the 6 month warrenty deal. The extended warrenty is straight from Honda Corp. I would check with another dealer, they can look up your vin # and tell you if you have it or not.

The problem you mention in your earlier post is caused by a bad angle sensor, or so I've been told.

Hey Biffle....have you ever googled "Rincon Riders"?? It's an awesome site with a forum much like this one. After you register you can access the forums--it's unbelievable. They've got guys in there that are into Rincons like many of us are into fishing. For future reference anyway...I bet there is no problem they couldn't diagnose.