• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

First Time Poster. Love this site!

BoilerGuy

saw your post in response to mine on where to head with for good ice and wheeler traffic. Where is Avoca and what good lakes are around there. We where down on Elysian, German and Madison over the weekend, and not much to show for it. Any hints crazy.gifwink.gif

Tami

Quote:

Quote:

Where is Avoca

If I had a nickle for everytime I heard that.

Check out the southcentral and southwest forums. Lots of good fishing to be had right now, but it may be a bit of a road trip for you. It's about 4 hours from my place to my folks place in Linwood.

I actually live in the cities. Eagan, a south suburb. Was down fishing around Madison Lake for the first time over the weekend, and kind of liked it but didn't do to well. Looking for some other good spots to go to.

Quote:

Quote:

Where is Avoca

If I had a nickle for everytime I heard that.

Check out the southcentral and southwest forums. Lots of good fishing to be had right now, but it may be a bit of a road trip for you. It's about 4 hours from my place to my folks place in Linwood.

I actually live in the cities. Eagan, a south suburb. Was down fishing around Madison Lake for the first time over the weekend, and kind of liked it but didn't do to well. Looking for some other good spots to go to.

I was driving back from getting my vehicle fixed last night at prime time, there were about 20 houses by the inlet out on Lake Bemidji, mostly portables as far as I could tell. Someone yesterday afternoon put a perm out on the edge of the ice ridge just north of the Paul and Babe statues. They also had a couple of 4wheelers with them. I'm thinking it won't be too much longer. Hubby said when we do finally get the house out there he's going to clear all the snow from the area, he had a bad experience when young of a house freezing in, they had to chop and burn it out. Yikes! shocked.gif Still waiting to put the lines in the water here, wish I could run that big ole auger. I can see it now, auger running and me spinning in circles,feet flying straight out! Catch some fish for me Reelem!

I won't be fishing this weekend either! frown.gif My boy has a b-day party on Saturday so I won't be heading up to the cabin. Scary story about the icehouse! We just bought a new Nils auger this year and I think it's light enough so I can drill my own holes but I got to get out on the ice first!! smirk.gif Tami, break a fin girl (can't say good luck ya know or I'll jinx it crazy.gifgrin.gif).