• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Welcome to the Minnesota Lady Slippers

Ladies,

I would like to invite you to the Minnesota Lady Slippers, the only all women Pheasants Forever Chapter in Minnesota.

We have monthly meetings, and the next meeting is Tuesday, December 4 at 6:30 p.m. The meeting will be at the Machine Shed in Woodbury, at I-94 and Radio Drive. The guest speaker that evening will be diamond cutter Steve Truax. We have a line up of speakers over the next months that will include presentations about the Iditarod, followed by a wine tasting, Bill Sherck will talk about fly fishing in Minnesota, birding, gardening and casting the western waters. Complete dates and times will be posted on the Lady Slippers HSOforum after the first of the year. Go to http://ladyslippers.pheasantsforever.org/ for more details.

We also will be having our annual fund raising event with a wine tasting on Saturday March 8, 2008 at the Stillwater County Club.

The Lady Slippers has raised thousands of dollars over the past 3 years and we have sponsored mentor hunts, archery programs, and environmental workshops at area schools.

Please join us for these events.

Diane Weyandt

Minnesota Lady Slippers

[email protected]

Please don't be put off by the fact that I used my husband's account to post the first message. I didn't know how to get set up but wanted to get out the message.

Diane Weyandt

I was thinking if it all women... why is a man posting it lol

Good to meet you Diane.. I am in ely mn a bit far for me to go.. I am sure there are many ladies that would love to come..

and thank you for letting us know.. Glad your here and i hope you post here in the ladies forum.. BTW we do get lots of men who post here as well.. its open to everyone

Lisa, Kallista and Others -

We're canceling the event tonight because of the snow. FYI we have women from Kettle River and Ely who've come to our past events. Ask around - you could probably hitch a ride.

I can't remember how I got into this thing before and so I have to use Tom's account.

Take care,

Diane

Well I finally figured out how to get back on here using my own account.

Thanks for the interest. I'll keep you informed of the next meeting date and speaker.

Look me up at Pheasant Fest in January 18,19 & 20 in St. Paul at the Excell!

Actually I don't hunt. A few years ago my husband taught a firearms's safety class to a half dozen women here at work. That Fall I went hunting out to North Dakota with him and two of our kids. At one point they wanted me to stand at the end of a field and wait for the birds to come my way. I got bored. I found a big pile of really nice rocks and managed to get about 700 lbs of them into Tom's truck before they got to the end of the field! I go out withi him and the kids maybe once a year but I don't carry a gun. It was too heavy and too awkward to shoot.

The mission of Pheasants Forever is to preserve and/or improve the habitat for pheasants and other wildlife. The chapters raise money at annual fundraisers to do this. Everyone who attends pays for a membership to PF. PF is unique in that the chapter is only required to send the membership dollars to the National Office. All other funds raised stay in the local community and the chapter chooses how the money will be used. Since the Lady Slippers is an urban chapter and we don't have a particular county designation, we have chosen to use our money to make youth and the outdoors our focus. We have partnered with the local Trout Unlimited chapter and are putting on a four-day camp for middle school kids at the Sandstone Audubon Center next summer. Together we have raised over $10,000 for this venture.

We will be having our fourth fundraising event on March 8, 2008, at the Stillwater Country Club. We are experimenting this year and are having a wine tasting event rather than a sit down banquet type event. We're hoping that women will be more inclined to attend an event that is different than the typical PF banquet. Stillwater is also hosting a special women's weekend at the same time, so we're hoping that will bring some new faces to our fundraiser.

We have several avid hunters on our chapter committee, but most of the women are interested mainly in helping us raise money for our youth events and planning and implementing the events.

PF has chapters all over Minnesota, but the Lady Slippers is the only all-female chapter in the state. You may go the our HSOforum www.pheasantsforever.org to find the chapter nearest you or call our office at 877-773-2070 toll free and ask for the membership department. Anyone in membership can help you locate a chapter and give you the contact information.

That's all for now. Thanks for your interest.