• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fixing a Bent Ski

Xplorer

Anyone have any advice on straightening out a ski?? I bounced off a boulder and whacked a red pine last year on a bush trail coming off a lake in Ontario.

I have the old style steel ski's on my Indy trail. I had planned on heating it up and trying to pound it out straight. The only damage is about 6" on the outside ski edge, and the metal support above. Its gonna have to be fixed on the sled, cause I really dont think that i can get the ski off anymore (its a '96).

Thanks for any ideas.

Xplorer do you get to Brainerd at all? I just might have a pair that will work on your sled. I have a 96 XCR that I replaced with newer plastic skis so I have a set with skins on them if your interested. If so post your email address.

meat-run

Been out to Vegas for a few days so just getting back to this.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, the sled is pretty old and I dont want to spend much more on it (i did get a new OEM windshield off hsolist for 25 last spring). I probably wouldnt get over to the brainerd area til Jan. at the earliest to fish Mille lacs at a friends cabin. I will give E Stahl a call in Proctor to see if he has anything. Otherwise I will just work on it best as i can.