• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Christmas Project

I'm working on putting together a photo for a gift. I've posted the original, a black and white and a black and white pano. All of them have been through noise ninja and there has been quite a bit of PS work done to the B&W's. Let me know what you like or dislike and why, I am planning on putting them into a frame with matting, probably a white mat and a black frame for the B&W's. Thanks for your time and input.

The Origional

DSC_0128_edited-5.jpg

The B&W

DSC_0128_edited-6.jpg

The Panoramic

DSC_0128_edited-4copy.jpg

Thanks Again

Yakfisher,

Personally I like the original better. The red lights add a bit of contrast to the white lights and darker subject. If I had to choose a B&W I would choose the first. I like the extra elements added to the scene.

Just my opinion.

Mike

Gentleman, so far the input has been great however I have had three recs for three different pics. Two of them on this site and one in person. So for those of you who are holding back please comment. Just let me know what it is you like if you need to see it in a frame let me know and I'll have the resident guru(stfcatfish) help me out, if that is okay with you Steve??? Thanks again to those of you who have posted already, for the rest of you please let your comments be known, even if you don't like the photos at all. Thanks guys!!!

I'm thinking I'm gonna print it as big as I can. It is on a D50 so I think the biggest I can reasonable go would be 20x30, but I'm not 100% sure. It has a 6.1mp sensor, so the vertical will be somewhere between 15 and 25 inches. Any Ideas? My plan is to find a somewhat decent frame that already has a picture in it and put this one in it. I'm thinking about a 4 inch wide mat. Steve have you posted how to do the frame thing on here?

yakfisher, you can get 20x30 out of a D50 (I have on a 6.3 Mp Canon sensor with nice results), but it depends on how sophisticated your post processing camera is at interpolating (adding pixels).

A big reason your image could go that big is that there isn't a lot of fine detail in it. For example, it's much easier to make a big enlargement of a sunset than of a landscape scene full of leaves, because large washed of color don't fall apart as quickly upon extreme enlargement as do images with lots of little edges and busy elements. The lower the iso, the longer it takes the image to fall apart, too, so if you shot this at iso100 you're much better off than iso800.

It helps ultimate print size if you were shooting RAW. I've not tried to take a jpeg to 20x30, but I have a 6.3 Mp jpeg of an Arctic wolf shot at iso800 that I print and sell quite often at 13x19. It's quite sharp and full of detail, so I'd not hesitate at all to take it bigger.