• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Blind

I like that second one best, Ken. Looks like your shutter noise scared the one in the third shot. Chickadees in particular have such fast reflexes that it happens now and then and gets in the capture.

Nice work. After the deer season I'll have to come down and see how the new setup looks. grin.gif

We're also right at the in between time for feeder birds. Still got a few juncos around, but all the sparrows have moved through (except for a couple resident white-throateds), and we don't have the winter migrants in yet. I've seen pine grosbeaks out in the woods, but they tend to get to the feeders a good bit later in the year. We do have a group of evening grosbeaks coming in now and then, and if you have fruiting trees/shrubs you'll likely get some Bohemian waxwings. I saw my first group of them about a week ago.

Just sort of a dead few weeks at the feeder until we get some serious snow and the redpolls, siskins and pine grosbeaks settle in. grin.gif

Ah, if you were using flash that explains it. I just quit using it because it shocks some birds into the flutter and gets captured on the image. Doesn't always happen that way though. grin.gif

You're definitely going to love that creamy green bokeh from those background balsams, especially as soon as you get some redpolls and pine and evening grosbeaks with colors to set that off. grin.gif