• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need help with AC250 quad

Kallista

Ok here's the story.. I went to a cat shack down past tower.. and i bought me a ac 250, nothing bit but for putting around, so i go and i paid cash for it, he had it running cause he loaded it up on a trailer, that i had to rent from uhaul, 30 bucks a day. Ok so i get it home and of course i want to play with it some, so i start it and nothing, the battery is dead.. So i call him and he tells me he gave the battery from my atv to another who needed one asap. So here i am no battery, so i have to pull start it, and it pulls very hard.. so after 5 weeks, i finally get my battery from him, so now today i had a friend take out the old battery and put in the new one.. yay it worked, then i turned it off and got hat and gloves on and started it again, the starter wont go off.. i turned off the engine and nothing , the starter is still going, so i had to go back under the seat and all that to undo the neg from the battery, then finally it started.. So now i hit the starter lightly a few times and put the neg back on top and it starts right up by its self.. so now i am SOL, cause it will take another 30 bucks for me to rent a uhaul, and of course it will take days, so at 30 bucks a day i am still up the river with no paddle.. Does anyone have any idea what i can do.. I just keep having problems after problems.. It is like everything i get some thing does wrong..

I need lots of help here guys..

thanks

More likely the solenoid is sticking. The circuit that energizes it is only hot with the key, but if it is sticking, once it engages it will continue to crank. It could just be defective, or solenoids can sometimes be damaged by low battery voltage (or extended cranking) that will fuse the contacts inside together. Sometimes you can simply tap on it to pop them loose.