• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Xbox question.....

LwnmwnMan2

Okay, here's the deal. I got my kids a Wii, already have a PS2. I feel like I'm missing out on something, so I'm looking for an Xbox as well.

Can you guys tell me which version to get?? I know it's the new one, but which ones are more prone to failures?? Or is it all of them?? Or are some of you guys in denial and say that's all a load of you know what?? smile.gif

Thanks.

from what I understand it's early versions of the 360 that were bad. I havent had any issues with mine (knock on wood). You definitely want to give the machine some room to breathe though - I believe the heat was ruining the earlier models.

I have a couple xbox`s and have never had a problem with them.I enjoy the cabelas hunting games the most.Lots of games for them and you can get them cheap on hsolist.Heat is the biggest issue with all systems.Keep them out where they can breath or get a nyko inter cooler for them.Cabelas african safari is awesome hunting elephants.

There are 3 versions of the XBOX 360. Arcade, Premium, and Elite.

I personally would go for the Premium or Elite. The premium system will cost you $350, the premium has a 20 gig hardrive which is plenty large enough for the average family. If you want to download lots of movies and other various media you may want to opt for th Elite which is $450 and comes with a 120gb harddrive.

The premium system and elite system also comes with 2 games (Forza2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance) Forza is a very popular racing title.

There is also The arcade version $279 which comes with Pac-Man Championship Edition, Boom Boom Rocket, Luxor 2, Feeding Frenzy and UNO. The arcade system does not come with a hardrive but a 256mb memory card which is pretty much useless. The 20 gb harddrive withou a system is $100 and the 120gb is $180.

Bottom line get the Premium or Elite.

We have 2 in our home and have not had any issues. I have an elite and she has a premium. I had a premium from launch but sold it as I wanted HDMI and the bigger harddrive. The buddy that bought it is still using it, and he plays more than I do grin.gif

All the new systems have HDMI capability for newer HDTV's