• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HOw can I get dust out my SLR.

SOmehow I got some dust inside my SLR. It only shows up when looking through the view finder. it is not on the lense or sensor. I tried a small air bulb but seemed to have made it worse. Do I dare try canned air? This is on my XTi.

IMHO, canned air should not be used. If you aren't able to get it out with an air bulb, some camera shops will do a quick cleaning for little or no charge. First Camera in Duluth has cleaned mine numerous times and has never charged me a cent. 'Course I've bought and sold equipment there.

Paul, if it is not on you lens or sensor, and you can see it through your viewfinder, it's on the mirror. It won't hurt a thing there. Doesn't have an impact of image quality. The mirror flips up when you depress the shutter to expose the sensor, and dust or grit on the mirror is unimportant. Trying to clean dust off the mirror is touchy and can easily damage it.

Ken is right, never blow compressed air into your camera. Too forceful. It can damage things.

Dust inside your camera is just a fact of life. All cameras gather their share of dust particles, and you live in a pretty dusty part of the country.

I kinda figured canned air was too harsh. I will have to call ol Bernie at Bernies Camera CLinic and ask if he will touch it. DOubt it because it is new but he might. Just drives me crazy because there is quite a bit actually and looks like I am lookning at a check board. I have a feeling it happened while I had it on an ATV ride. Guess I will have to pack it better. Hate to apck it to hard though incase a good photo opp presents itself.

Thanks for the Replys.

I haven't done buisness with Bernie for a few years now but his sign is still on the same little place on Main Ave. He once rebuilt a Minolta SR101 for me. Does Great work but I don't think he likes the new stuff too much. too much elctronics.