• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Next Great American Band

Gissert

I've caught this show the last two weeks. While I have got sucked into American Idol on a couple of seasons, I had always wondered why they never let these people play an instrument or do their own stuff.

This show is what I had been hoping for.

There are some good bands there, and quite a bit of variety.

I love that Muggs band. They sound fantastic for a three peice, and it is a neat story on the recovery of their bass player from a stroke. Now he plays the bass parts on a keyboard. They have a Humble Pie kind of vibe. So far, they have been my favorite.

Six Wire is good too.

The band with the teenagers is pretty amazing for their age, but their lack of experience is probably going to kill them.

I like the variety of styles they have too - Bluegrass, punk, big band, rock, a little funk thrown in.

This is a really neat show - I just hope is does not get as overblown as American Idol did.

The guys in Six Wire seem to be able to adapt their style the easiest to the artist they have to perform that week.

The Clark brothers are pretty good at this too, even more so since they do not have a drummer.

The Light of Doom kids are very ver good for their age, but it seems there is a push for them from the same Vote for the Worst HSOforum that plagues American Idol.