• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

coleman glass breaking

bturck

I have had to replace the glass in my coleman lantern due to breakage. I even built a box for it so it justs sits down inside with little space for movement. Hit the lake the other morning and sure enough it was broken again. I have the case it comes with, unfortunatley it is so hot when I turn it off it takes forever to tear it down. Any one have any solutions...Thanks, Bill

bturck,
Are you using your coleman for heat? If so, replace the glass with a 1 lb. coffee can. cut the bottom out and cut to the same height as your glass was.
If your using it for light, try slipping a piece of pvc pipe over it or to cut down on weight, cut a piece galvinized of heating duct pipe and slip over it.