• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

icegripper, i need to talk to you pronto!

humpback

i got my first pair of ice grippers last week and tried them on and they didnt fit(size large) so i sent them back and ordered the extra large they came today and they dont fit either. what should i do. i dont want to give them up. the heel fits fine its the front part that the boot wont fit down into.the boots are lacross icemans. i'm leaving for LOW on the 26th and wanted them for that.could it be posible they just sent me another pair of large back? are they marked as to what size they are somewhere? i didnt find any markings on them.the boots are size 11 1/2. could you please email me or coll me as soon as you see this.(507-794-6583)or [email protected]

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

The X-large does not fit the LaCrosse Iceman beyond size 11. Even the 11 is a tight fit.

Hang onto your grips. We are having sizes made that are wider at the ball of the foot on the boot. That's where the problem comes in. Keep an eye on the forums. We'll post here when they are available and how to correctly size them.

Then use the "Contact Us" link below and I'll make sure you are taken care of.

rick, does this mean i can use the grips till the fix comes out or do i just have to put them away until then? i read somwhere where the biggest size are 6inches wide, i measured mine and the tape shows 5 inches wide. i could get by using them the way they are but if i had a 1/2" more on each side that would be perfect. do you think i have the extra large being that the tape only shows 5"

humpback.
Hang on the pair you have and use them with a Springtime boot or let someone use that has a narrower boot have them to use. Use the "Contact Us" link below or call toll free and FishingMN will get you a pair that will fit your size boot PERFECTLY.

We need to know the length across the ball of the boot (widest part) and the length from the end of the heel of your boot to the middle of the ball of your boot.

example:
Heel to ball: 8 5/8"
Ball: 4 7/8"

You can also call toll free:
1 (866) 523-0980 to return your Ice Grips and give them your dimensions to get the correct size sent to you.

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 12-19-2002).]

Humpback, I have the same problem. I also have the LaCrosse "Icemans" in size 10 and could use that little extra in the front part of the boot both with the width and a longer front strap, I have the buckel at maximin to the end of the webbing. I received mine today. Will watch future postings on this matter before I send them back. George in Throop Pa

Icegripper,
please contact me with the new sizing chart so I can get it up for everyone to see.

A lot of people are waiting to get the correct size Ice Grips regardless of what type of boot they are wearing.

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 12-19-2002).]

Here are the new Ice Gripper Sizes.

Measure across the widest part of the toe of the boot:
Up to 4 3/8" ask for 4 3/8
4 7/16" to 4 7/8" ask for 4 7/8
4 15/16" to 5 3/8" ask for 5 3/8
5 7/16" to 6.0" ask for 6

Measure from the back of heel on boot to center of the widest part of toe of boot (Ball of foot):
Up to 8 1/2" ask for 8 1/2
8 9/16" to 9" ask for 9
9 1/16" to 9 1/2 ask for 9 1/2

Call Toll Free to order:
1 866-523-0980

george in troop,i to have the front strap extended all the way. im hopeing with the bigger size they will add a few more inches of strap.i called Holly and she is working on solving my problem with the width. i'm just hoping somehow i can get my new ones by the 24th since i am leaving for LOW and URL 5AM on the 26th. check back here to see how go's.

i just received my new size ice grippers and they fit perfect.(derek at ice gripper) bent over backwards for me to get me them before my trip and to make sure they fit right, he even called me by phone. what a first class operation he runs. i cant say enough about him and the outfit he runs.i highly recomend anyone thinking about getting a pair of ice cletes to buy the ice grippers.these cletes are by far the best put together and built ice cletes out there.my hats off to derek. thank you, thank you, thank you.

Northlander,
take a look at the new sizes. You really don't know what you're missing out on until you get a pair of ice grippers of your own.

I just got my umpteenth pair of ice grips. I have had them all. These are the ultimate!!

They are called ice stabilizers....little pricey but WOW....they are great!!! easy on...easy off...even over my LaCrosse icemans...hows that???

ICEGRIPPER, Thank you. I'm looking forward to trying them on my Ice Kings. I say trying them on my boots. We have about 8"-12" of snow with a slush base as of Saturday on the lake we were on and I'd have to say a majority of lakes in the area. We prefer a surface of all ice since we transport our gear by foot power. George in Throop PA

Icegripper, I received my grippers last Friday and they are a better fit then the original size I first ordered from you. Thank you for taking the time to resize for the boot I wear. Besides the first ice I was on 4 weeks ago, this looks like a possibility here in Pennsylvania that I will actually need to use the grippers this Saturday! Thanks, George in Throop PA