• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

It's mushroom weather! (pics)

SD,I wish I could help you on the "edible or not edible" on these shrooms.... I have a field guide on mushrooms but the photo here doesn't really give a profile of the entire mushroom...side view ,gills, rings,etc.....looks like the type that grows in one's lawn by the looks of em,but that certainly doesn't mean they're edible....I only picked one type of mushroom over the years and that one variety was a "shaggy mane"...and even then I quit picking them because I plan on staying alive for another 20 years at least shocked.gif... grin.gif

Yeah, tough to ID with that view. S.D., thanks for reposting a larger picture. We also still don't know where and when they were shot, which can make a difference in helping ID them.

Jonny, Mrs. Catfish and I just picked a whole basket full of shaggy manes a couple weeks back, and MAN were they good. grin.gif

great Steve!....the shaggy mane is one of those certifiable ,easily identifiable ,one of a kind, no mistake ,eating type mushrooms grin.gif.....just yesterday I came across a huge batch of "shaggies" near toivola in a small field.I took a few pics but left em alone....I believe my mushroom picking days are behind moi grin.gif....I've seen a few articles that 10 people can eat the same mushroom but the 11th person could "buy the farm" on that very same variety...plus a person's "system" could change and be able to eat a mushroom for years and then all of a sudden "rebell" that same mushroom...just that I'm not going to test that theory grin.gif...Wal-mart has great mushrooms grin.gif

Hi Guys,

These mushrooms are growing just 2 miles east of Alexandria.

I have better pictures I just am not seem to be able to post them.

I will try again tommorrow as they are only 20ft south of my garage in a neighboring tree farm.

The texture is almost like a bowl of melting butter with no smell to them at all.