• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anybody know anything about these small lakes outside of Minong? My wife rented a cabin for a weekend getaway at the end of October on this chain, and just wanted to know if it was worth it to bring the fishing gear or not. Any info would be appreciated!!

Thanks,

CJH

cjh, Have fished lower Kimball many times it is very shallow and weedy so should fish good this time of year. Largemouth crappies and small northern. I am a fly fisherman I would be using black weedless woolybuggers. chartruse weedless clouser minnows and poppers. This tim of year the northerns will go nuts on topwater in shallow lakes. Have fun let us know how you do. Forrest

Thanks for the info Forrest! smile.gif Will definitely let you know how I do. I like catching crappies, bass and pike, so it should be right up my alley. Don't have any flies, but may try some flu flu's. Have some topwater rapala's as well (skitterpop, etc....)

If anybody else has any info or tips, please let me know!

Thanks again!

CJH

Wanted to give a report, since Forrest was kind enough to pitch in some info.

We fished the majority of the time on Upper, and caught some small/medium bass and bluegills, along with 2 small pike. We could only get the gills to bite in a short timeframe right before Dusk, mainly on slipbobbers with cubbies on the weed edge. The bass and pike were more inconsistent and hit various cranks.

We caught some bass on Middle on the weedy flats. Again on various cranks, small to medium again. Only fished Lower briefly, but didn't get anything.

The cold front with the wind made for some chilly fishing, and the fish seemed to be feeling it as well. They definitely were not aggressive. The wife didn't want anything to do with the cold, so she got some roaring fires going in the fireplace, and they felt good at the end of the day.

Love the Hayward area and have family that has lived in the area as long as I remember. Best of luck the rest of the season. The hardwater season will be here soon enough!

CJH