• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Early 80's 50cc moto 4's

Ely Lake Expert

It was 50cc's and had 12inch tires and may have hit 25mph. My first wheeler was a 1984 Yamaha moto4 50. It was a monster back then seeing I was born in 83. That wheeler was ridden many miles and many hours. My parents still have it to this day. Still runs like its new,not 23 years old. A couple of summers ago a guy offered my dad more for it than he paid for it new in 1984, his offer was declined. It seems they are becoming a rarity nowadays. I'm glad my parents kept it.

Does anyone else have and old little moto4 or anything else from back in the day?

I still have my first ATV...a 1984 Suzuki 125 Quadrunner. 1983 was the year of the first quad by Suzuki and any manufacturer for that matter, hence the slogan: "The first on four wheels". No suspension, pull start, it did have reverse though which all my buddies' 3-wheelers did not have which meant I was always the first in because I could back out if it got too nasty.

Although it's not in great shape anymore, it did have over 8700 miles on the odometer before that quit and that engine would always fire no matter if it was in the middle of summer or dead of winter. I rode that thing almost every day when I was young.

cool.gif

I'm not sure I guess. All I know is Suzuki always said they were the first on four wheels. I don't think the Go Joe was classified as an ATV and looks like more of a go-cart. Marketing at it's best. wink.gif

I had a moto 4 when I was a kid...rode the snot out of that thing! Eventually traded up to a Suzuki Quardracer 80 and continued the beatings. Ended up racing that one for a bit. Took it to one radar run and took 1st in the mini quad class at a whoping 38 mph. At the time I was probably 55 lbs and thought I was REALLY flying! Oh the good ol days.

Quote:

I still have my first ATV...a 1984 Suzuki 125 Quadrunner.

My cousins had 2 of these - a 125 and a MONSTER 185! That thing was the Mac Daddy...or so we thought back then. Many, many miles in the dirt and in the snow on those things. Good times. The 185 now sits in a shallow grave behind our deer shack after running 15+ hard-used years.