• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Memorable Morning With The Rogue Kid

First off great to se eeveryone still on here, its been a while since Ive frequented the forums here but I expect to be more active again as we jump into the fall walleyes. Figured I would share with you all a great mornin of huntin my cousin and I had this past Sunday. Was only our 3rd or 4th morning out in the field this season, as I have but one day off a week now and his schedule doesnt allow much more. We were in the field by 4:45, all the decoys and blinds set up by 5:30. Shot our first 3 out of a group at 6:35 and were dissapointed with our shooting. From there it was nonstop action. At 7:00 we needed 5 more birds, a group of five dumped into the decoys and.........not one left. 16, our limit in 25 minutes. As we counted birds I noticed one had a band, only our second band in over 300 geese killed in the past 3 years. Awesome morning.

goooooose.jpg

"What an awesome morning" Jeff welcome back and that's some fine shooting Mike and you were into, don't be a stranger on the board Jeff even if your not fishing. blush.gif Just thinking about it is good enough wink.gif I talk to Todd pretty much everyday and the one thing we have in common amongst other's is the walleye bite/strike, there's no better feeling than the slash of a plug or the thump on a jig and you guys wanna know why I can't sleep at night. grin.gif

I see the water starting to cool and the fun starting to begin on the Big O. I will never forget the carp Michael caught walleye fishing what a ride that was and jeff was with him every step of the way. North Shore was instructing from shore and I was grinning from ear to ear.

The hoist and to our surprise...

1000385ws2.jpg

Quote:

"What an awesome morning" Jeff welcome back and that's some fine shooting Mike and you were into, don't be a stranger on the board Jeff even if your not fishing.

Now who ever said I wasn't fishin? tongue.gif Thats a sin isn't it? Have definitely been on the water as well this summer bass fishin'. Am getting real dissapointed with what they are doing to Redfield. Getting to the point where I don't feel like going there anymore but maybe someday they will raise the level back up.

Other then there we mostly fished Panther Lake or smaller bodies of water but it was dryer then a popcorn fart so the water was pretty low for the majority of the summer.

Lookin forward to some more sizzlin walleye fishin this fall. I get out of work at about 7:30 pm Tim at Goodyear in Rome just below near the Chestnut intersection. Soon my gear will be packed into the car and Ill be on call. Will have to get you my cell phone number as well...Not sure if its within forum rules to post information here so Ill hold off for now - or my mother has it as well.

See ya soon!