• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dead battery

kupman

I have a 2005 Polaris 500 Sprtmn and have about 600 miles on it. I've never had a problem w/it before this. We were wheeling in the Iron Range and buried it in some mud. Everything was fine, trailered it to the cabin and switched trailers, and pulled it home. At home it wouldn't start. Tried charging, got some clicking sounds from starter but wouldn't hold a charge. I'm going to get a new battery, has anyone else delt w/this? I'm assuming the mud crossed some wires or something.. [image]IMG_0123.jpg[/image]

Nice picture. smile.gif

I would bet it's not the battery, even though it should be, being you have so low miles on an '05. J/J blush.gif

Check out the starter. This is what it sounds like to me. Popo's are known for their starters going bad because of their location, and being in the mud and water. They're like $150 for an aftermarket water tight one.

The stock batteries aren't very reliable. When I had to replace the battery in my DS 650, I went with an Odyssey. Well worth the money. I think mine was $75, but very reliable for the abuse it took being in a heavy Sport machine.