• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Automatic clay target thrower

mechanictim

There was a post this spring on one of the forums about auto matic throwers. At the time I was looking into getting one as well, noone replied to the post and now I can't find it to reply. I was looking at the Do-all thrower in Cabela's which at first got some pretty shakey reviews, and then started getting some more positive ones. A couple of weeks ago they put the Do-alls on sale and with cabela's return policy I figured why not and got one.

the assembly instructions were good and I had the unit assembled in less than thirty minutes. The first time I tried using it the throwing arm would not rotate to the launching position at 6 O'clock it would stop at the 8 or 9 O'clock position and had to be helped to the launch position. This happened about 90% of the time through a box of targets. It did work Ok a few times but never more than three times in a row. The next day I called the companies customer Hotline and got a voice mail that was full. I called another customer service number from the instructional DVD and got a service rep. She was able to give me a couple of tips about about lubrication though not completly accurate were close enough for me to try some things. Since greasing a cam and plunger shaft the thrower has thrown over 500 targets with out a problem from the thrower.

Being a guy who likes things cheap when I can, I have been using the Remington targets I get at Walmart. The Do-All trap has thrown these targets with only a few broken targets and has even thrown the ones that flew through the occasional hole in my patterns that I pick up to check that they were indeed unhit, with few problems. Not to bad to be able to use preflown targets.

The targets are thrown a good 60+ yards and quite fast out of the thrower. By angling the thrower up about 45 degrees or so I can shoot clays coming straight at and over me much like pass shooting at geese, since the thrower is automatic no one gets pellets raining on them like a manual thrower would.

So if you are the poster loking for info on automatic target throwers here is my review on the "cheapie" Do-all aerial assalt thrower

Good product and good custumer service, once you get to a person.(Call on a midweek morning.)