• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Crate Problems

tipup

So I have theis new hunting dog, it is a 3 1/2 month old English setter. Great Dog, house broke awsome, and listens great, but it rufuses to not stop [PoorWordUsage]ing in its crate??? I have let it out throught the night, cut back its food, but it stills lets it fly in the crate. I have also made the crate smaller as I was told that this would do the trick. Any help would be great!!! Thanks!!!

My pup had problems last year as well when he was about that age. he did have the runs and I took him in and he had an infection. We got it cleaned up and after a week or two he was much better. Still had an accident from time-time, but got over the big early problems.

Keep doing what you are doing. Get up earlier and let him out later -- that is about all you can do.

I'm not sure about what your feeding schedule is, (the merge and purge schedule), but a barring medical condition I would start there. Feed earlier in the evening and make sure he has plenty of time to play and purge prior to the evening crating. My guess he will grow out of it shortly.