• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pickup bed hauling boat recommendations

SGT

I'm looking for feedback on people's experience w/ a good aluminum boat capable of loading into my full size pickup bed for fishing remote lakes in Canada. I currently have a Lund SSV16 w/ 20hp which is just too big and heavy for this task. I'm looking for something that is still big water comfortable and safe, yet small enough for use noted above. Any thoughts on this as well as loading ideas would be appreciated!

SGT: Military??? Sarg? I have a boat that is perfect mine however is NOT for sale,14ft.light enough to load in a PU bed solo but would require some exertion,I'll reply with the name brand when I dig out the registration.A friend got it from a resort,I traded a canoe,GREAT trade,It fell off his truck but was repairable.

Boat is 1971 Challenger.Beside the keel it has 3 ribs on each side TOUGH! smile.gif

There is another option you should consider. I'm looking at pulling an RV (maybe an Airstream) and want to take a 14-16' fishing boat w/ 25hp motor along - can't do that unless you go the 5th wheel route. Unless you can store the boat on top. There is a company in Canada (Dovetail Loading Systems), and one in Oregon (Recreation Industries) that make boat loaders. You outfit your pickup with a rack system (various models will work) and then install the loader onto the rack. It will then load your boat from the ground onto the rack. When on the ground the boat is outfitted with wheels so you can move it around and launch it. You also have options to outfit the rig with an engine crane. The standard models are designed for a Lund WC14 (i.e. around 295 lbs) but they each make models that will support up to 600 lbs which should work with the SSV 16

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]