• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

storm jackshaft ?'s

dustin85

I am new to the small engine world, so take it easy on me, lol. I have a 94 Polaris storm 800. I pulled the secondary clutch off to replace jackshaft bearings....I assume the jackshaft should be smooth across the whole shaft. There appears to be wear grooves where the shaft sits in the bearing.There is play between the shaft and bearing. Should I replace the shaft? (I am thinking I should)or is this normal?. Next, if I replace the shaft, would a shaft off of a 96 xlt be the same? Thanks in advance!

Dusitn

There should be no play between the shaft and the bearings. Those grooves are more than likely a result of that, or a bad bearing.

Without looking at your jackshaft, I would say to replace it. There is a chance it isn't straight anymore either.

Will an XLT jackshaft fit, more than likely but I would verify part numbers with a dealership first.

Good idea to have the shaft fixed and also replace the bearings. Polaris Pn. (3514517). Also note when you re-assemble the bearings and the flangette, note that there is a small hole in the outer race of the bearing. That hole should lineup with the grease zerk on the flangette for proper lube of the bearing when you service the machine.