• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lab sheds Year Around

tweedlap

Hit,

the one in the picture will probably not be with me much longer... she is on a real down hill slide right now...

Tripleplay,

I will try to find out the name of the procedure today, I guess they will even come to you home to do it.

Good Luck!

Ken

Labs --

That looks like a fine lab. I hope you can be there when she goes -- it was tough, but healing to be there when Boomer passed.

Copper (1.5 year old) has been great for the family. My twin boys (7) have been great with the pup. We are lucky to have Copper.

Hang in there, and thanks for all of the advice along the way.

Hit

A friend of mine buys some supplement for shedding i dont know what the name of it is. My dog was shedding bad all summer and he is an indoor/outdoor dog. His hair on his belly was starting to get really thin and that concerned me. I changed from Purina to IAMs and his hair has grown back almost over night. Shedding has decreased 3 fold. I'd consider changing foods.

I have had several labs in my time. All of them shed, and shed all the time. Indoor or outdoor, Natural or Purina, eggs or vitamins. Whatever....

They all shed, and its normal for your dog to be shedding. The usually have the big clumpy shed twice a year, but all the while in between they are still shedding.

The best thing to do is brush your dog out regularly, and wash him enough. Or better yet, take him for a swim and brush him out afterwords.

Hope this helps, but don't worry.