• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Primer leak

harvey lee

I took my 4-wheeler out of storage yesterday. It has not been started since late Feb. It started right up and then ran out of gas. I filled it up and ran fine. Last night I noticed that the primer cover plate that is bolted to the carb was leaking a little gas. I tightened up one screw and it really slowed. Is the gasket dried out and will get get better as I run it or do I need to replace the gasket?

I'm going to let it run today and ride it for a bit to see if the drip stops. If it doesnt, is there another avenue other than replacing the gasket?

Thanks

Harvey,

Same thing happened last year to my Strikemaster auger. I'd tighten the bolts, wait a day and see. You may have to or not replace the gasket. I don't see any other solutions than to replace the gasket.

After working with it and replacing the gasket, the leak was still going. There is a little rubber daiphram around the plunger that had a small hole in it. After I sealed up the gasket leak I saw the other, and it leaked through a small hole in the cover that must be a little drain type deal. New part ordered and I placed a rubber seal totally closing the primer inlet to stop the leak until the new primer base comes.