• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Griz Poblems

Kostoglotov

I’ve got a ’02 Grizzly that’s got an annoying habit of bogging down (very little power) when going through any type of water. Replaced the Plug and new plug was black pretty quick.

My next step is to swap the plug wire (Guessing that plug cover isn’t sealing the water out).

Anyone got any other ideas?

When you say any type of water, you mean not over the tires, and water just splashes up at the engine, then I think a plug wire or coil would be the cause. Remove the side covers start it up, grab a spray bottle with water in it, and spray in the suspected spots ( plug wire, coil).

If your talking when the engine is submerged it still may be secondary ignion, or air leak in carb intake tube.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Grizz in that time frame was very sensitive to water coming into contact with HOT components such as exhaust pipes and the steam getting into the carbs, causing the motor to seem lethargic.

You are correct lepp, but if it is just splashed up there, as he posted driving through any amount of water,I was thinking ignition. I would try the spray bottle on the ignition first, if thats all it is is a splash.

Does it do it with a cold engine, or only hot? That would help also!

any amount that would cause steam, could be the culprit, regardless how little it may seem.

Another thing that I remember hearing about is what people referred to as "Boiling" the gas in the carbs.

I bet it's steam off the exhaust hitting the airbox. Depends if it has happened in the past or not.

They did also have problems with gas boiling in the tank, but that hasn't been corrected yet to my knowledge, even the '07 griz can boil in the gas tank. It has a much better air box now though.