• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Two questions on 1999 Polaris 335 Sportsman

Tinkhamtown

My 1999 Polaris 335 Sportsman has excessive vibration at low RPM when just starting to move and at slow speeds but smoothes out at 15 MPH in high and 10 MPH in low. What could be causing this vibration and what is the cure?

After using the AWD (4 wheel drive) and taking the AWD off the ATV wants to steer (pulls) very hard to the right as if the right front tire is still in gauged. What is causing this and what is a cure?

Thank you.

1st question could be as simple as a belt going bad. Pull the belt cover and inspect.

2nd question is one hub is still locked in. Driving in reverse usually pops the hub out of the locked position. Also, check/change the hub fluid to help prevent the hub from sticking.

I agree with Dave on both questions. Sounds like a bad belt. Be sure to turn your handle bars to the left and right while backing up. This should help disengage the hub that's sticking.

Replaced the belt and took off the windsheild, plus tightened all the bolts holding on a front utility box. Still have a lot of vibration when just starting out and almost stop. Think I may have to bring it into dealer. Is this vibration normal on Polaris?

Wife just got a 2007 Honda 400 Rancher AT and we have a Honda Foreman 450 ES, plus a Honda 250 2 WD all-smooth as silk.

Starting to have my doubt about Polaris?