• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wife's first carp

Just figured I'd share a pic of my wife's first carp. Not a monster, around 5 lbs but she did a good job w/ the 6 lb test and ml rod! She wouldn't hold it cuz it was flopping too much, so I had to try to hold it and take a pic w/ the phone at the same time. It didn't turn out too great but hey, I figured I'd share it w/ ya anyways cuz the look on her face is priceless!

carp1.jpg

I think she was more scared of it than anything. She'd never caught anything bigger than a 1 1/2lb bass, and she didn't realize that catching big fish is alot harder than it looks! She's a good listener, though, and she only had one break her off b/f she got this one in.

Good job on realing your wife into the relm of "rough Fish fishing".

The best way I have found with my wife is let her reel it in and I take it from their. I let her go at her own pace.

I have a buddy who, from the get go would make his wife bait up, reel up, unhook and hold fish for photo. She does not go fishing any more with us now. My buddy would say, get he in deep and she will stay with it. Well he was wrong.

I should have leaned more towards that view point.

Yes, I think he was making an example of our sport in subconscious way.

I do like to take wife once and awhile and I think deep down it is to show her what's up. I catfish allot and I am gone until all hours of the night and morning. To show her what I am doing and make home life a little easier, I bring her once or twice a year. Unless their is booze on the boat, it gets pretty boring for her and when I ask her to come the next weekend, she really never shows any interest in repeating the fishing trip over again.

She absolutely loves it. Fishing was a little slow that day and we only 3 or 4 all day, she got 3 of 'em. Of course they bit on her rod! She just loves it when she beats me cuz she tells all her friends and mine that she's the better fisherperson. That's fine though, it's fun to get her into some fish every once in a while. Don't get me wrong, most of the time fishing is an escape from the family (boy did that sound awful!) and she let's me go on my trips by myself w/ the guys. As they say, distance makes the heart grow fonder. We do usually have a good time when we're together though!