• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Opinions on 2005 Polaris Sportsman 400

Hookmaster

What are your opinions on a 2005 Polaris Sportsman 400? I will be using it for ice fishing. 1200 miles for $3900 and well taken care of. Do these start well in cold weather, like 0 degrees? This is carbeurated not fuel-injected. How does the all wheel drive work compared to full-time four wheel drive? Does it keep going in and out if your not in slippery conditions?

That seems to be a little high for an 05 400 carb. Here 's my thoughts, the 400's come with lesser quality tires than the 500's. Also my brother just sold his limited edition 05-500 with winch for $4k. Look around a bit you can find a better deal.

I have one and it starts very good in the cold weather. I would add chains on the rear wheels for better traction-especially in the slush. I am very happy with it for ice fishing. Of course, if you want to spend more, a fuel injected engine is nicer to have-you don't have to bother with choke.