• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

High Def Camcorder

Maybe we have some video buffs on FM so I thought I'd ask a camcorder question.

I am looking for a High Def Camcorder. I like the idea of the mic and headphone jack's and have narrowed down my search to these 2 camcorders. I notice the Canon has 24p Cinema Mode (not sure exactly what this is or if I need it).

Sony HDR-HC7 and Canon HV20

Right now I don't currently own a High Def TV but I'm sure I will in the future as everything is going High Def it seems.

I am really leaning towards the Sony because it feels nice in my hand. If anyone else has one of these I'd like to hear of the pro's and con's you have found.

I don't expect to get too terribly many replies regarding camcorders but I thought I'd try.

Thanks,

Nick

Me and my brother are video buffs... HD is the way to go for sure... but we always liked the Canon camera's over the Sony's. Really solid.

BUT...don't take that too sseriously cause I really don't know... but for sure google 'canon xxx review" or whatever model numbers etc.. lots of good info out there.