• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Berkley Micro Wigglers

Uncle Grump

I can't speak for the Berkely offering, but last winter I found a plastic grub type bait that looked just like "mousies" - a grub type bait I hadn't seen in years.

I tryed the plastic put last winter on Roberds Lk when the sunnies were biting - they took the plastic or wzxies fine.

I found these things at Fleet Farm.

UG

I've used Berkely Micro Grubs for gills through the ice in the past and did ok. Caught some fish but some fish would come up to it and leave. I changed to euro larvae and the fish bit almost everytime. But hey, when your out of live bait and wanna catch fish I'd go with the Micro Grubs.

Good Fishin, Matt.

I haven't used the wigglers much, but the Berkley Power Nibbles work great. I use them all the time. I think they give off a lot more scent than the wigglers, because they dissolve in the water. Vern

I always use one power wiggler in combo with maggots (mousies...whatever is PC nowadays for the little critters) when perching and after they have stole my buddies bait I still have the offering and get 'em almost all the time except when really picky. I also have used the combo with good results on UR for slabs!
Also, on the maggot subject...I always buy them buy the thousand before ice up through the mail for about $10. They last me all season if you store what your not useing in an AIR TIGHT ziplock with ALL the air squeezed out in the fridge.

As a side to Chiro

if you want all the air outta the bag, drop in a 3/4 ounce sinker in the bottom before ya fill it. Then slide the bag into a sink ful of water up to the zipper. The water pressure will squeeze out the air for ya!

Just curious if anyone has used these Berkley micro wigglers (imitation wax worms). They seem like they would come in very handy when trying to keep 3,or 4 wax worms on your hook. Maybe use 2 micro wigglers and two live ones.

Any thoughts are appreciated.